iCal for WP Calendar
This is my first WordPress plugin, so I researched several existing plugins like iCal for Events Calendar and Event Calendar 3. As Event Calendar 3 is outdated and I didn’t like the mixup of events and posts, as it’s done in ec3, I switched to WP Calendar, after a long research in event/calendar plugins for WordPress. Althoug the iCal support was a mandatory feature for me, I choosed WP Calendar and promissed to me, to write the iCal extension on my own – so here we are.
- generate valid iCal file with events from WP Calendar, incl. location, URL to a connected post (if available) and allDay events
- admin page for the number of past months to include
- debug flag for easy debugging of the resulting iCal file in the browser itself (file can also be validated using http://icalvalid.cloudapp.net/)
The Plugin was developed under WordPress 3.1.2 and WP Calendar 1.4.3 but will also work with older version of both.
- Unzip in your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress.
- add the link to your template or use following code to generate the URL:
Until the plugin is submitted to the WordPress.com plugin browser you can download it at github.com:
- add check, if WP Calendar is installed
- add warning to settings menu, of WP Calendar is not installed
- add option, to choose the datemode, when queried the events
- add option, to choose the category / or add this as parameter
- add option, to choose the time method in iCal: UTC (default now), floating or th timezome, which is specified in wordpress itself
So come and try this plugin, leave me a comment or submit an issue at github.com, if there is a problem.
Es gibt noch keine Kommentare.